MotorCities National Heritage Area
Auto-Heritage-Museum-Ypsilanti-cropped.jpg

Tractor Tests and Training at Deer Lake Hills Farm

Over 500 acres of land at the far end of Deer Lake were once owned by Ford Motor Company. Deer Lake Hills Farm opened in 1947 for field testing of new farm implements and for training in modern, mechanized farming. It was home of Dearborn Motors Corporation whose slogan once was "Ford Farming - means less work, more yield per acre."