MotorCities National Heritage Area
Vintage_Car_Side_Mirror-cropped.jpg

The Schaeffer Building

The intersection of Michigan Ave and Schaefer Road was once known for being an important rest stop for those who were on the road from Detroit and Chicago. The Six Mile House tavern, built by Joseph Schaefer, operated for more than 50 years. In it's spot John Schaefer, Joseph's son, built the Art Deco-style Schaefer Building in 1930.


Address:
South West Corner MI Ave and Schaefer
Dearborn, MI