MotorCities National Heritage Area
girl-american-car-cropped.jpg

Studebaker Plant

At the corner of Brush and Piquette, a Veterans Administration building occupies part of the site of the old Studebaker Plant that burned down in 2005. The plant was built in 1906 and occupied by early automaker E-M-F. Within a couple of years E-M-F was acquired by Studebaker, and in 1910 Studebaker also bought the Piquette plant down the street from Ford Motor Company. At that time, Studebaker and Ford were the two highest-volume automakers in the world.

 

 


Address:
5857 Concord Ave
Detroit, MI 48211