MotorCities National Heritage Area
chrysler-body-drop-cropped.jpg

Orchard Lake Museum

The first building here was a small tavern named the Orchard Lake House whcih was built in 1857 for stagecoach travelers. Various owners rebuilt and enlarged the site, later named the Orchard Lake Hotel. This hotel entertained the growing resort community on the lakes, especially city folds arriving on nerby trolley cars in the early 1900s.