MotorCities National Heritage Area
Frank_Wulfers_Elizabeth_Cropped.jpg

National Coil Letter, 1904 (now the Nuthouse)

R. E. Olds' industrial reach in the Lansing area did not stop with the manufacture of automobiles. With the incorporation in 1903 of National Coil Co (Olds President, Cooley V.P.) he began a series of independent shops that could produce technologies on which he already held patents or was in the process of developing. The first National Coil shop was at 420-422 E. Michigan Ave, and then moved to the old Maud S. Windmill and Pump site, at 221-223 N. Cedar.


Address:
420-422 E. Michigan Ave.
Lansing, MI 48906