MotorCities National Heritage Area
Auto-Heritage-Museum-Ypsilanti-cropped.jpg

Cadillac Stamping Plant: A Landmark In Automotive History

Over most of the 20th Century, the pounding rhythms of metal stamping filled this factory at 9501 Conner. Designed by Albert Kahn, the factory was built in 1925 for Hudson Motor Car Company, sending automobile bodies to the Hudson main assembly plant at Jefferson Avenue. General Motors bought the plant in 1956 and hoods, fenders, and bumpers for Cadillac automobiles were produced here for about thirty years.