MotorCities National Heritage Area
girl-american-car-cropped.jpg

Cadillac Plant

At 450 Amsterdam Street, west of Woodward, is a portion of the early Cadillac plant designed by architect George Mason and built in 1904 along the railroad tracks. Cadillac was already established as one of America’s premier automakers, with precision technology that was called “The Standard of the World.” This plant included a forge, iron foundry, brass foundry, and pattern-making facility. Cadillacs were built here until operations moved to the huge Clark Street plant in 1921.


Address:
450 Amsterdam St
Detroit, MI 48202