MotorCities National Heritage Area
AHFIntProExhib4Sigs.jpg

Wayne Industries

From this building, many industries put people in motion. The first was Harroun Motor Car Company, which built more than 3,000 vehicles here from 1915 to 1922. From 1924 to 1927 Gotfredson Truck made heavy-duty trucks and bus chassis in this plant. Graham-Paige built cars here from 1927 to 1936, and Bendix Corporation made World War II airplane engines and landing struts. After the war, GarWood moved operations to Wayne, gaining fame for its hydraulic-lift dump trucks and garbage collection trucks. The two nearby railways made this location attractive to manufacturers.


Address:
36253 E. Michigan Ave.
Wayne, MI 48184