MotorCities National Heritage Area
Frank_Wulfers_Elizabeth_Cropped.jpg

The Proud History of UAW Local 594

Assembled in 1938 from worker discontent, Local 594 achieved many gains over the years through collective bargaining. Members proudly supported America's efforts in World War II, both in service on the battlefield and in bui9lding military vehicles that helped win the war. Six thousand members built light trucks at the last General Motors assembly plant in Pontiac until it closed in 2009.