MotorCities National Heritage Area
grandfather_grandson_car-cropped.jpg

The Power of Water at the Mill Pond Dam

In 1838 the Clark brothers built the original dam to hold Clinton River water to a depth of 22 feet, producing the mill pond and pressure to power their gristmill nearby. In 1941, Henry Ford built an enhanced dam to provide more power for his new Village Industry at Clarkston Mill. 


Address:
35-41 W Washington St
Village of Clarkston, MI 48346