MotorCities National Heritage Area
Auto-Heritage-Museum-Ypsilanti-cropped.jpg

Rhythm of Radio in Dearborn

Radio has a strong tradition in Dearborn, from early Detroit Symphony Orchestra broadcasts sponsored by Henry Ford on WWJ AM to the "Early American Dance Music Program" which originated from the Ford Engineering Laboratory on Oakwood Boulevard. Dearborn-based radio station WKMH went on the air for the first time in 1946, but became legendary in the 1960s when it was rebranded as Top 40 powerhouse WKNR "Keener 13."


Address:
West Village Commons, Michigan Avenue and Howard
Dearborn, MI 48124