MotorCities National Heritage Area
girl-american-car-cropped.jpg

Packard Plant

On East Grand Boulevard on the east side of Detroit are the massive remains of the Packard Plant. Designed by architect Albert Khan and opening in 1903, the plant included the first used of reinforced concrete in the auto industry. The plant included 3,500,000 square feet of working area, and built Packard and studebaker automobiles until it closed in 1957. Renovations for the remaining structure include plans for residential, retail, offices, and light industry. 


Address:
5857 Concord Ave
Detroit, MI 48211