MotorCities National Heritage Area
girl-american-car-cropped.jpg

Murray Body Corporation Plant

The Murray Body Corporation Plant, at 1600 Clay in Detroit, is now the Russell Industrial Center, a block of buildings with working spaces for artists, designers, and craftspeople. It was built from 1911 to 1923 as buildings for Wilson Body Company and Anderson Electric. In 1923 the long handsome building facing Russell Avenue to the south, designed by Albert Kahn, was built for Murray Body Corporation. Murray was a successful body manufacturer which acquired the rest of the buildings in the complex.


Address:
1600 Clay St
Detroit, MI 48211