2017 Awards of Excellence
On Nov. 1, the MotorCities National Heritage Area will be honoring nine finalists whom have distinguished themselves in the areas of auto and labor heritage with the 2017 Awards of Excellence.
A winner in each of the three categories - preservation, education and tourism - will be announced during an invitation-only event for state lawmakers in the Capitol Building in Lansing.
The deadline for nominations for 2017 Awards of Excellence was September 22. Winners will be announced on November 1.
Michigan Automotive Heritage Day & Awards of Excellence began in 2014 and has become an annual opportunity to celebrate the story that can only be told in Michigan: How this area “Put The World On Wheels.”
Stay tuned for more on our Awards of Excellence and Michigan Auto Heritage Day as we get closer to Nov. 1.
• 08/11/17: Nominations are available on our website
• 09/22/17: Nomination deadline
• 10/4/17: Finalists Announced
• 11/1/17: Public presentation at the Michigan Auto Heritage Day celebration at the State Capitol
What the Award Entails
- During the ceremony on Nov. 1, 2017, you will be honored with a recognition trophy you can display prominently.
- Your award will be promoted through the MotorCities “You ‘Auto’ Know” Newsletter that reaches over 8,000 readers, our social media channels and media releases.
- Your organization will be featured on the MotorCities website in the Michigan Auto Heritage Day webpage with a link to your website.
- You will achieve enhanced visibility for and pride in Michigan’s automotive and labor heritage.